This course is designed to provide competencies in various techniques of textile design including fabric printing and dyeing which are essential to enable students to create better designs. Students are expected to learn various methods of fabric printing including block printing, direct printing, screen printing, stencil printing discharge printing, resist printing and resist dyeing.
Students can use the printing skills learned during the program to start their own commercial textile design and printing work.
Course also provides practical skills in preparation and usage of multi-colour screens for repeat and mirror patterns, use of wax for fabric printing, Batik dyeing and printing, different forms of tie & dye printing techniques, Japanese printing technique of Shibori and other creative printing techniques.
Textile designer, Tie & Dye specialist, Fabric printing expert, Self-employed in fashion & textile industry and many more.
- CTD111 Basics of Textile Printing and Dyeing
- CTD112 Stencil Printing Techniques
- CTD113 Block Printing Methods
- CTD114 Screen Printing Methods
- CTD115 Resist Printing Techniques (Batik Printing)
- CTD116 Resist Printing Techniques (Tie & Dye)
- CTD117 Resist Printing Techniques (Shibori)
- CTD118 Creative Printing Techniques